SPRING SEMESTER 2023 – UTAH VALLEY UNIVERSITY
Architectural design studio introducing students to architectural programming, client-user needs, site planning, and contextual issues. Design problems explore the challenges of institutional building typologies and how to resolve shifting priorities and diverse points of view dealing with civic presence, socio-political values, and religio-cultural ideals.
Click on the links below to download specific course documents.
- SYLLABUS / SCHEDULE (PDF)
- PROJECT 01: American Museum of the Beaux-Arts
- PROJECT 02: Library for the 21st Century
- PROJECT 03: Rio Grande Depot
- Design Brief (PDF)
- Pre-Design Phase (Site, Precedent, Programming Analysis) (PDF)
- Schematic Design Phase (PDF)
- Design Development Phase (PDF)
- Stratton, Arthur. Elements of Form and Design in Classic Architecture. New York: Charles Scribner’s Sons, 1925. Also see Dover 2004 reprint edition. https://archive.org/details/elementsofformde0000stra/page/n7/mode/ 2up
- Chitam, Robert. The Classical Orders of Architecture, 2nd edition. New York: Architectural Press, 2005.
- Ware, William R. The American Vignola: A Guide to the Making of Classical Architecture. New York: Dover, 1994. Older edition PDFs available online: (Book 1) https://archive.org/details/cu31924091026504/page/n1 (Book 2) https://archive.org/details/americanvignola00vigngoog/page/n5
3 thoughts on “ARC 3210 – Architecture Design Studio IV”
Comments are closed.