FALL SEMESTER 2019 – UTAH VALLEY UNIVERSITY
This course is structured to introduce the vocabulary, principles, and process of architectural representation in both a hands-on and digital drawing environment. The tools and conventions of this centuries-old practice are now being radically altered by digital techniques and capabilities—image editing, vector graphics, CAD, 3D modeling, BIM, digital fabrication and simulation, and the construction of virtual environments among others.
Click on the links below to download specific course documents.
- SYLLABUS / SCHEDULE (PDF)
- Project 1 – Architectural Rendering (Exterior; Black and White)
- Project 2 – Architectural Rendering (Interior; Black and White)
- Project 3 – Architectural Rendering (Color)
- Project 4 – Architectural Analytique Rendering (Hybrid)
- Richards, James, Freehand Drawing and Discovery: Urban Sketching and Concept Drawing for Designers. Hoboken, NJ: John Wiley & Sons, 2013.
- Ro, Brandon, “Thinking with our Hands, Drawing with our Minds: Preserving the Embodied Wisdom of Sketching and Drawing,” Lombard Conrad Architects – Insights, 2019. Available online: https://www.academia.edu/38412370/Thinking_with_our_Hands_Drawing_with_our_Minds_Preserving_the_Embodied_Wisdom_of_Sketching_and_Drawing